March & September Intake :- Check Through The List Of Courses & Use The Application Form Button From The Menu Bar To Start Application
Note: You must be Logged-in before you can see the APPLICATION FORM (button)
Agricultural Mechanization Engineering
Clinical Veterinary Medicine
Chemistry & Physics of Polymers
Data Mining & Machine Learning
Instrument Science and Technology
Foreign Languages Literature
Journalism & Communication
Chinese Language Literature
Chinese International Education
Visual Communication Design
Probability & Statistics
Chemical Process Machinery
China has its large influence on Agriculture and Animal firming.China still ranking first in worldwide farm output,firstly making wheat, potatoes, rice, etc.It has also become very advance on Animal farming and Agriculture-analysis Technology. There are also some Food and Agriculture Development Courses students feel much interest to study in China.
To explain few:
1) Crop Cultivation and Farming System
Crop production is a branch of agriculture that deals with growing crops for use as food and fiber. Degree programs in crop production are available at undergraduate and graduate levels. Graduates are qualified for various agricultural careers.
Program Introduction :
Crop cultivation and farming is a 2 level discipline under crop science. Crop cultivation and cultivation are the study of the law of crop growth and development and the relationship with the external environment. It is one of the main subjects in agricultural science to study the theory and measures of high yield, high quality and high productivity of crops, to study the rational planting system of crops and to make the technical science of outstanding agricultural ecological environment.
The basic stages of cultivation include; Seed selection. Land preparation.
For example, sugar cane, wheat, rice, corn (maize), white potatoes, sugar beets, barley, soybeans,bananas,wine grapes sweet potatoes, cassava,,tomatoes, legumes (beans and peas), and oranges. Most farm crops are managed as annual plants, it means that they are cultivated in a cycle of 1 year or less.
In fact, there are two ways of cultivation. One is, in large cultivation, the farmer uses old ways of cultivation. On the contrary, in heavy cultivation, he uses improved methods of cultivation like better seeds, fertilizers, timely crop rotation and irrigation, modern tools and implements, etc.
Farming System :
A farming system is not just a collection of crops and animals to which one can apply his input and expect quick results. Rather, it is a complicated blend of soils, plants, animals, implements, workers, other inputs, and environment.
Farming System is a set of organised conditions for production of crops, livestock, fish, aggro forestry, etc. Farming system includes the procedure of using the land, labor, inputs, and capital to manage farm, household, non-farm and off-farm production, and consumption to meet its objectives and priorities under a certain physical, biological and sociology-economic conditions. A farming system is not just a collection of crops and animals to which one can apply his input and expect quick results. Rather, it is a complicated interwoven mesh of soils, plants, animals, implements, workers, other inputs, and environment.
Future Career :
After graduation, students can go to the party and government enterprises and enterprises, such as agricultural management, agricultural technology promotion and scientific research, education and agricultural trade, are engaged in crop production, teaching, scientific research and technological development, seed production, processing and management, and the prevention and control of crop diseases and pests.
2) Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction
The future structure of stock breeders must be based on rational and aggressive animal production systems that are respectful with the welfare of the animals. Genetic improvement in animals are not only helping in creating productions upheld and increasing their profitability; the new technologies also help to develop their productivity and modify them to the different needs of consumers. So, population and quantitative genetics, molecular genetics and reproductive biotechnology are now primary themes worked on by livestock breeders.
Population genetics is responsible for the main advances created in animal breeds and populations used for animal production. Molecular genetics, a recent development, is helping largely to these improvements. Finally, reproductive reproduction offers the tools needed to increase and facilitate the application of both quantitative and molecular improvement techniques.
The programme proposes a genuine training in these subjects which offer a basic and crucial support to genetic improvement in animals and permits you to achieve experience through tough revisions of improvement and reproductive biotechnology programmes coordinated with various species, take part in debates with professionals from the sector, and attend technical visits to public and private institutions working with enhancement programmes.
3) Clinical Veterinary Medicine
What is Veterinary Medicine?
- A degree in Veterinary Medicine basically involves five years of undergraduate study.
- As would be expected from this type of course, a wide variety of teaching methods and correspondingly assessment types are used throughout the programme.
- The curriculum will differ among universities, but generally the former years of the course will focus on structure and function of the healthy animal. This will consider topics such as anatomy and physiology . This involves learning about the structure and function of cells, body tissues, body systems and the entire animal.
- At the same time you will learn about animal husbandry (how to look after animals including how they should be housed and fed) and begin to learn the foundation clinical skills.
- Professional and communication skills are also introduced from an early stage and continue throughout the five years.
- In the later years the curriculum begins to focus more on disease of animals and addresses diagnosis, treatment and control of disease.
- Basically the final year is lecture free and students are able to focus on clinical application by rotating through a number of clinical rules.
- At Edinburgh, extra-mural studies (EMS) also form an essential and important part of the veterinary curriculum. Students are required to spend a minimum of 38 weeks on external placements.Normally twelve weeks will make of per clinical EMS and 26 weeks on clinical EMS. This contains a significant chance for students to build on and practice their skills and be exposed to the everyday life of a veterinary surgeon.
Specific or general skills developed :
- This degree is made to train and prepare you for a career as a veterinary interpreter either in basic practice or in a more specialized field like small animal, equine ,farm animals, or exotic animal practice.
- It also helps you for further training in a specialized clinical field. Examples of these would include orthopedic surgery, cardiology, dentistry and soft tissue surgery.
Veterinarian Career Information :
Veterinarians work to make better the health of household pets, as well as animals in laboratories, on farms and in zoos. They’re expert at treating and diagnosing dysfunctions and diseases in such animals, which may include using preventative measures, surgery and sophisticated technology. They also spend a great deal of time communicating with pet owners, proposing advice on feeding, grooming and breeding.
While veterinarians are well known for pet care, some work in private, food-animal practices and give care for livestock like horses, cattle, goats ,sheep, and pigs. Some vets manage analysis on animals in an effort to stop humans from contracting the diseases that are conveyed by animals. Other common veterinarian duties include using diagnostic and lab stuff, setting broken bones, euthanizing chronically ill animals, and birthing animals.
The large number of graduates from these degree programs will go on to enter veterinary school and earn a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degrees. Most DVM graduates will become veterinarians in private practice.
Those interested in becoming a veterinarian should have a strong science background. Attaining a pre-veterinary bachelor’s degree will qualify students to be animal care technicians, veterinary hospital managers, or work towards attaining a doctorate in veterinary medicine.
4) Agricultural Mechanization Engineering
The history of Agricultural Mechanization is filled with exciting technological advances and critical social problems. Agriculture, once a harrowing and back-breaking endeavor, has been lastly improved in the past few centuries. Thanks to creations such as the tractor, the thresher, and the baler. These creations—and the sweeping changes in the agricultural field that accompanied them—are generally referred to as Agricultural Mechanization.
As a major, Agricultural Mechanization focuses to expose you to the technological and mechanical aspects of farming equipment. You’ll study areas like electric power and processing; construction and maintenance; and water management.You’ll learn everything about engines, combines, tractors, balers, and other devices.You’ll study building structure, and learn mechanical skills like drafting and welding.Eventually, you’ll gain the knowledge you need to design, build, repair, sell, manage, and operate farm stuff.
The aim of this course is to produce a technician with a fundamental knowledge of the essential engineering skills associated with agricultural machinery.This knowledge, combined with extensive work based practical learning, will furnish the learner with the skills needed of a technician by the farm machinery industry.
The graduate will have knowledge and understanding of:
- The function, operating principles, service procedures and fault diagnosis of tractors and farm machinery, electrical and electronic systems as applied to agricultural machinery.
- Precision farming systems, workshop techniques including health and safety.
- The creation and maintenance of digital records.
- Pres-delivery inspection for agricultural machinery.
- Effective engagement with customers.
There are several career choices open to you as an Agricultural Mechanization major. Many students choose to begin their own business; others embark on careers in service management, product service or testing, or agricultural management. Whatever the case,understand that you’re promoting a field that has permitted agriculture to come amazingly far.
5) Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction
The future model of stock breeders must be based on durable and competitive animal production systems that are respectful with the welfare of the animals. Genetic improvement in animals not only provides to making productions sustainable and expanding their profitability; the new technologies also help to improve their productivity and convert them to the different needs of clients . Thus, population and quantitative genetics, molecular genetics and reproductive biotechnology, are recent basic themes worked on by livestock breeders.
Population genetics is behind for the main advances made in animal breeds and populations used for animal production. Molecular genetics, a newer development, is providing largely to these upgrades . Finally, reproductive reproduction offers the tools needed to increase and ease the application of both quantitative and molecular development techniques.
The programme recommends a solid training in these subjects which offer a basic and important support to genetic improvement in animals and allows you to get experience through critical revisions of improvement and reproductive biotechnology programmed organized with different species, take part in debates with professionals from the sector, and attend technical visits to public and private institutions working with improvement programmes.
Relying on the animal industry of interest, animal scientists can work in jobs such as a cattle breed association representative, dairy industry breeding consultant and/or company representative for Artificial Insemination (AI) companies, or working for a private breeding company in the case of poultry , swine, and aquaculture industries. Some scientists with experience in animal breeding and genetics, continue to work for plant breeding companies.